Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Splash Bar NYC


It was announced earlier today that New York City's legendary gay dance club, Splash will be closing its doors permanently on the 10th of August 2013. After two decades of being the go-to nightlife venue for meeting other hot, sexy guys, Splash will be celebrating the countdown to its final farewell by serving up ten amazing parties beginning on the first of August.

Before I say goodbye to the site where such epic adventures and sexcapades unfolded, I'd like to look back and highlight some of the best times I had getting kicked out of Splash.

I was a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed boy from Austin, Texas, with the bright lights of New York City still blinding and mesmerizing me when I first laid foot inside Splash. They catered to a younger crowd, especially during their twink and college nights, and allowed those who were eighteen years of age and older to party with and get a taste of what it was like to be a real New Yorker.

Gorgeous, Gay, and Twenty-Something was but a flicker of an idea when I met Justin Luke who took me under his wing and placed me on top of that stage to strut my shit and earn my keep. I became a nightlife regular and one of the founding members of GG20. If I wasn't on a go-go box or downstairs in the locker room, I could be found out on the middle of the dance floor gyrating to the rhythm of the music with a new hottie to whom I had targeted and locked on.

Blast from the past!

Mind you, I still lived in Westchester County at the time and would have to commute to and from the City while I went to college - and Metro North shut down around 2AM so I had to either commit to staying in Manhattan until the early hours of the morning to make it back in time for my first class, or find a cute trick who would keep me awake and occupied until the first train back.

One particular night I made the mistake of not paying attention to the time and stayed past my bedtime. It was also one of those weird nights when there was a random influx of straight people at the bar, which meant severe cockblocking for all of us gay boys in an already diminished pool. More than once I had to shove a girl off of me, "No, I don't want to dance with you. I'm allergic to seafood!"

It was 3AM and the crowd was beginning to thin, leaving behind the wasted and the truly desperate. I was neither but, just as I was about to walk out the door, a cute guy who I had been looking at all night grabbed my hand and led me back to the dance floor. Sure, he was plastered, but he was handsome, in his early twenties, and looked like an Ivy League lacrosse player who was one more shot away from exploring his sexuality. I got a little too handsy for him so he pushed his buddy over to me who was, if at all possible, more drunk than he was - easier prey? Sure, why not? Y'all were the ones who voluntarily walked into the lion's den.

They drunkenly led me back to their place nearby. "Great," I thought sarcastically, "drunk frat boys who will most likely just pass out in front of their building, leaving me to carry them upstairs to their apartment - at least I have a place to stay, I guess." I couldn't get a clear view of the dark apartment once we were inside, but the first boy stumbled away to the kitchen leaving me with drunkie number two who led me straight into the bedroom where things began to get interesting.

He was taller than his friend, more cut and with darker features. He took me by surprise when I turned around to find his massive cock flopping out of his unzipped shorts, hands on my shoulders, and pushing my face down to it. "Suck!" he ordered. Well, alright then! I was bobbing up and down his growing manhood when the first boy walked into the room and quietly closed the door behind him. They took turns passing me around until I heard the tear of a condom wrapper and the cool, wet feeling of lubed fingers, opening up my hole.

The taller one was behind me now, pushing my throat deeper onto his partner's cock as he slowly penetrated me from behind. I held back tears as pain and pleasure overtook me, and gasped in ecstasy as he pushed the entirety of his throbbing shaft into my eager hole. Just as I was getting used to his relentless pounding, they switched positions and had me spitroasted again like the piggy bottom they'd been looking for all night.

I woke up a few hours later to my alarm going off and didn't bother waking them to announce my departure. I would have left my number, but knew better than to try to make this more than what it was so I quietly collected my things, and hopped on a taxi to Grand Central Station, where I relished the memory of my holes being filled with every inch of their thick, gorgeous cocks.


Anyway, we've all known Splash to host some of our most questionable and drunken decisions. It was where a lot of us got our first taste of New York City nightlife, so let's pay our respects and make one last pilgrimage to the place that started it all. Join me in reliving our wayward youth and dancing the night away like the fake ID-holding hooligans we once were, and be my teenage dream tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment