Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BB Only?

 
What's with everyone wanting to bareback these days?

Lately I've been encountering a lot of tops who want to, or only ever, hookup bareback. Now, I'm only human and have slipped up a few times in my life I practice safer sex and encourage others to do the same. Although we've made significant medical advancements to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS and improve the quality of life of those who have been inflicted with the disease, it still remains a threat.
This then brings up the question whether people are educated about HIV/AIDS and safe sex, but also whether they are regularly tested and know their status. The decisions and actions of two consenting adults, who are aware of the status of the other, is not something about which I can speak for or against. I'm definitely not one to judge as I love to watch bareback scenes, but these videos are often filmed after all consenting parties are tested.

"Are you poz friendly?"

I sat, frozen in front of my laptop for a few seconds after receiving one such message from someone with whom I've been messaging online. I asked a few friends about how they would respond and their answers, both informed and ignorant, were all valid. The phobia regarding HIV-positive individuals continues to pervade our culture and I believe it has, in great part, to do with the fact that many of us do not have proper or sufficient knowledge regarding the spread and prevention of the disease.

As adventurous and open-minded as I am in my daily life, my health is something with which I do not play around. I have friends who are open to and have had safe sex with HIV-positive individuals and remained negative but I also have friends who are completely against it as well. I'm a kinky bastard but also have my limitations and a safety word whenever the situation arises, but there's no safety word when it comes to disease.

I like making informed decisions and think the advice, knowledge, and guidance of a medical professional is necessary here before I put my foot down on or open myself to the idea of having sex, or being in a relationship, with someone who is HIV-positive. Stay tuned for that!

I was tested HIV-negative and STD-free as of August 2012. Know your status!

No comments:

Post a Comment